Please do not send your child to school if any of the following signs or symptoms is present in the past 24 hours:
• Elevated temperature (100 degrees or greater), your child should be fever-free, without medication, for 24 hours before returning to school.
• Vomiting (free of vomiting for 24 hours before returning to school)
• Diarrhea ( free of diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school)
• Red/pink inflamed eyes/lids or any drainage or crusting of eyes (conjunctivitis/pinkeye)
• Contagious diseases- Your child must remain home when he/she shows symptoms of a contagious disease such as strep throat, conjunctivitis (pink eye), impetigo, ringworm, and head lice, to name a few.
After any illness, it is important to allow your child to rest and recover before sending him/her back to school. A healthy, well rested child is better able to perform in school.
When your child returns to school, they must bring a written excuse stating the dates and the reasons for the absence. If your child was seen by a physician during their absence, please obtain a medical excuse from the doctor and turn it into school.
Please contact the school nurse with any questions.