Dear Stewartsville Families,
This summer, Stewartsville is promoting and supporting the value of reading with a challenge. Teachers will introduce students to the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge throughout the month of May. They will visit the site and have the opportunity to start entering minutes.
For students to participate fully in the challenge over the summer, I will need your help. Below is important information about the Summer Reading Challenge.
- The Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge site is open and students can start entering minutes.
- Each student will receive login information with a unique username and password along with a paper log to keep track of minutes. Your child can fill this in as he/she reads and then enter reading minutes on the Scholastic site when convenient to do so.
- This is how reading minutes are entered…
- Go to https://www.scholastic.com/summer/home/.
- In the center of the screen, students will click “KIDS, SIGN IN HERE.”
- They’ll answer “Yes” to a question about whether they received their log-in information.
- They’ll enter their Username and Password. Click “SIGN IN”.
- They’ll see all kinds of features on the next page: Weekly surprises, Timer, My Minutes, My Badges, Map, Resources, and Video.
- “My Minutes” is where they will enter their minutes read.
- Throughout the summer, I will send an email through Skyward encouraging everyone to read over the summer.
- If you need login information or have questions, you can email me throughout the summer. I am happy to provide information that is needed for all children to participate.
- The challenge will end on Sunday, August 18th. All minutes need to be entered by Friday, August 23rd.
- Each student’s reading minutes will be tallied and rewards will be given:
- Any child who logs at least 100 minutes will receive a pencil or bookmark.
- Between 500 – 999 minutes will receive a pajama/stuffed animal ticket to use throughout the year.
- 1000+ minutes will receive extra recess and a Popsicle while outside.
I truly hope this program encourages children to read! Again, if you misplace your child’s username or password, simply email me and I will forward the information to you!
Enjoy your summer and happy reading,